Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vegas baby!

I got invited to go to Las Vegas this summer. The trip is totally affordable and I think I'm going to go :)

But there's a tiny little glitch in the form of 30 lbs. The trip is only six weeks away, so I don't think that I can lose it all by then, but I can work my butt off, be really strict with my diet and drop about 10 while toning up and creating muscle.

I've been trying to lose weight for a while now, and I've dropped a few pounds in the last few months, I'm not shedding it as quickly as I would like. I think this trip is going to be the boost I need to whip me into shape.

How am I going to do it? First of all, lots of lean protein (chicken, turkey, fish, beans), veggies, fruit, healthy fats (think eggs, peanut butter, olive oil) and whole grains. Very few sweets, white carbs and little to no prepackaged food. The exception would be Kashi granola bars for a quick, on-the-go snack. But even they aren't as good as having a piece of fruit or some veggies.

I've been eating better, but not nearly as good as I should be. I've been eating less bad stuff, but not no bad stuff. That's going to have to stop now.

I've been lacking something to really motivate me, so I think this trip will be a good thing in more than one way.

It's Vegas baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment